Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 239th Birthday America!

Usually I'm on the boat the weekend of July 4th- but here I sit at home unable to do much of anything, oh well.  I was invited to a family party tonight but I don't like to leave my dog alone (he's terrified of fireworks), I may go for a short time though.  
On another note, I almost didn't hang my flag because I'm so disgusted with so many things going on in America right now, and so many people that just jump on these band wagons, completely ignorant to both sides of the issue(s).  But I'd like to think there's still people out there like me, who believe in morals, family, tradition and the good [of people], who work hard and don't ask for hand-outs, who aren't offended by everyone and everything.  Seems silly celebrating Independence Day for a country whose people [government] has made it completely dependent on other countries (or a country).  

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment